Cosmo 7k and 5k (formerly Alki Beach 5k) A Success
Thank you to the 1,100+ people who supported Northwest Hope & Healing!
On Sunday August 27, more than 1100 women, men, and children ran a great route, along a gorgeous waterfront, for a genuinely good cause: raising money to provide immediate financial assistance to local women who are undergoing treatment for breast or gynecologic cancer at Swedish Cancer Institute.
This year, the Board of Northwest Hope & Healing decided to transfer ownership of the Alki Beach 5k to a local events organization called Fizz Events. Not only did this relieve us of the (high) cost of producing the event, it enabled 100% of your donations to go directly to NWHH to support women in cancer treatment – a huge win!
This Year’s Run Included:
- Both 5k and 7k options
- Kids Race with Special Kids’ Superhero Cape
- Women’s Long Sleeve Tech Top for all 7K & 5K participants
- Logo-ed Cosmo Martini Glass and 2 cosmos at the finish line
- Finisher Medal
- Personalized Participant Bib
- Chip Timers
- Live music and fun at the finish line
Fizz Events Proceed Distribution:
- $2 from every registration went to NWHH
- All proceeds from tribute patches went to NWHH
- 100% of your donations went to NWHH
- A portion of all sponsorship dollars went to NWHH