Northwest Hope and Healing’s signature “Healing Gift Boxes” are delivered, at no charge, to women who are newly diagnosed with breast or gynecologic cancer at all Swedish Cancer Institute campuses.
Our Gift Boxes are designed to offer a warm gesture of comfort and support to local women undergoing cancer treatment. They send a message: you are not alone, your community cares—all while offering practical, beautiful items that can be used during treatment. Each Gift Box contains a selection of the following items:*
- A pashmina style scarf to use as a warm wrap, head covering, or scarf
- Soft, fuzzy slipper socks
- Paraben free, unscented hand lotion
- Paraben free, unscented lip balm
- A beautiful journal
- Herbal or green tea
- Hand made note cards
*On average, each Gift Box contains five of these items.
Seatbelt covers may also be available to protect the surgery area, a chemotherapy port, or radiation site.
Healing Gift Boxes Take a Village
It all starts with donors—companies and individuals who can provide items in bulk such as fuzzy socks, scarves, lotions, tea, or other thoughtful gifts that help patients feel loved and cared for during a difficult time.
The next step is a “gift box assembly party,” where your company, organization, or a group of friends gets together to pack the donated items into our boxes.
Last but not least, Gift Boxes are placed in the hands of women undergoing treatment at Swedish Cancer Center by their social worker, who also has the authority to offer them a financial assistance grant from our organization if needed.
Help Us Make a Difference
- Individuals can organize a “Gift Box Drive” to collect items. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you set up.
- Businesses, Clubs, and Community Groups can host a “Gift Box Assembly Party.” Whether you use this as a team-building event, a volunteer effort, or a way to do something wonderful in your own community, we’ll help you engage your staff, members, or friends in collecting gift box items, we’ll deliver all the packaging and supplies—all you have to do is schedule the party! Contact email@example.com and we’ll get started together.
- Corporate Sponsors can help us by donating an item in bulk for our Gift Boxes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you to our most recent Gift Box efforts by Expedia and DocuSign!
No time to organize a Gift Box Drive? Make a donation instead.