And a Genuinely Good Cause.
Took place on Sunday, September 16, 2018
at the Alki Bathhouse on Alki Beach in Seattle
A hearty THANK YOU to everyone who participated in Northwest Hope & Healing’s annual summer fundraiser!
Because of you, we are able to continue providing immediate financial assistance to local women who are undergoing treatment for breast or gynecologic cancer at Swedish Cancer Institute.
Cosmo 7k and 5k (formerly Alki Beach 5k) A Success
Thank you to the 1,100+ people who supported Northwest Hope & Healing!
On Sunday August 27, more than 1100 women, men, and children ran a great route, along a gorgeous waterfront, for a genuinely good cause: raising money to provide immediate financial assistance to local women who are undergoing treatment for breast or gynecologic cancer at Swedish Cancer Institute.
This year, the Board of Northwest Hope & Healing decided to transfer ownership of the Alki Beach 5k to a local events organization called Fizz Events. Not only did this relieve us of the (high) cost of producing the event, it enabled 100% of your donations to go directly to NWHH to support women in cancer treatment – a huge win!
This Year’s Run Included:
- Both 5k and 7k options
- Kids Race with Special Kids’ Superhero Cape
- Women’s Long Sleeve Tech Top for all 7K & 5K participants
- Logo-ed Cosmo Martini Glass and 2 cosmos at the finish line
- Finisher Medal
- Personalized Participant Bib
- Chip Timers
- Live music and fun at the finish line
Fizz Events Proceed Distribution:
- $2 from every registration went to NWHH
- All proceeds from tribute patches went to NWHH
- 100% of your donations went to NWHH
- A portion of all sponsorship dollars went to NWHH